& Tea Room
British Bread Baking
Course duration: 9.30am - 5.00pm
Our popular baking course is ideal for absolute beginners, or for those wanting to gain consistency or a better understanding of the art and science of bread baking…
You will make a range of classic British yeasted breads, beginning with white flours and then moving on to use wholemeal and other flour mixtures. For each recipe you will be guided, step by step, through mixing kneading and proving stages and then onto shaping and finally baking your bread.
Our recipes will include round and tin loaves, a traditional “Bloomer”, everyday rolls, and finally on to more challenging rustic wholemeal loaves, all using Tuxford Windmill stoneground flour.
You will gain an insight into many useful practical baking skills, which you don’t get from recipe books, and with small groups on this course you are assured of individual help in your baking. There will be time for discussion about the baking techniques, ingredients, and bread storage. Even if you already bake your own bread, this will help you gain a better “feel|” for the baking process. Armed with the best of British your baking journey begins here!
The cost of course is: £130 which includes:
· Use of equipment and all ingredients are provided
· A Tuxford Windmill Apron
· Recipe and technique reminder sheets
· Discussion of the ingredients recipes and the baking techniques we encounter during the day
· 2-course bakers lunch (with demonstration breads made on the course), coffee/tea & refreshments during the day
· There may be an opportunity to visit the Windmill to see how the white and wholemeal flours are made
· You get to take home all that you bake!